The FM Impact Sensor is designed and developed to accurately detect and record any impacts to equipment. The severity of the impact is transmitted to the FM on-board computer. Depending on the requirements the on-board computer can either log the impact, or a notification can be sent to the Fleet Manager, informing him of the accident.
The following data is recorded with every impact:
• The date and time of the impact
• Vehicle on which the impact occurred
• The driver of the vehicle
• The G-force value of the impact
• The direction of the impact (e.g. front, right, left-rear)